SNACKRIFICE: Low Carb Paleo Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits with Honey Avocado spread feat. Wedderspoon Organic Honey

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Growing up it was always one of my favorite things to go to Red Lobster for their Cheddar Biscuits. If you have every had one you know what I am talking about. Those little devils are loaded with artificial fillers that are 100% not good for you. A new series we are launching on the blog as well as on our youtube, is SNACKRIFICE, where we take unhealthy favorites and swap them out for a healthy version! I have been making a lot of Paleo food lately and avocados have become a staple in my daily diet. Savory warm bread and avocados? hmmm I felt like I was on to something. 

Then my friends at Wedderspoon had so kindly sent me their brand new Thyme Honey! I had been dying to use it in a new recipe. I was already using it in dressings and on my roasted vegetables, which by the way is a-mae-zing! The thyme honey is really unique in flavor and texture. The ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks used this popular herd and it was thought to promote courage, aid in sleep along with its other healing properties. Wedderspoon is having a mae-jor sale until the end of February! I highly recommend giving their products a try! Also If you missed my last  post I featured  the Wedderspoon Beechwood Honey in my Vanilla Honey Nut Butter recipe. 



The biscuits can be mae-d a few different ways to fit your dietary needs. The great thing about these biscuits is you just need one bowl, no need to separate the dry from the liquid. 
Preheat your over to 375F Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly toasted at the top. 

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Water
2 Egg Whites
splash of almond milk ( more or less depending on consistency ) 
1 tsp Coconut Oil

1/4 cup Milled Flax Seed
1 tbs Coconut Flour
2 tbs Nutritional Yeast
1 tbs Protein Powder ( I used a brown rice protein, for paleo you can use pea or hemp)
2 Tb of Almond Flour ( for a more flaky biscuit continue to add almond flour till you have dough rather than a batter) 
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbs Garlic Powder
1 tbs Dried Onion
1 tbs Dried Parsley 
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Baking Powder 


Because mine were moist and sponge like when I store and eat them later I toast them :) 
Now for the avocado spread, I came up with two variations. Now these would be great with just the honey on them but I think you will all like these healthy spread alternatives. 

Lemon + Honey Avocado Spread
1/2 Avocado (mashed)
1 tsp Wedderspoon Organic Thyme Honey
1/2 Lemon Zest
The Juice of half a lemon
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
Fresh Black Pepper and Sea Salt to taste

Chili + Honey Avocado Spread
1/2 Avocado (mashed)
1 tsp Wedderspoon Organic Thyme Honey
1/2 tsp Sweet Paprika
1/4 tsp Smokey Paprika
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Onion Powder 
1/4 tsp Dark Chili Powder
Juice from Half a lime
dash of Cayenne Pepper
Fresh Black Pepper and Sea Salt to taste


If you mae-k any of our home-maed recipes we want to see! Tag us on Instagram #maemovement #haleymaedmedoit or #homemaed

Thank you to Wedderspoon for the delicious and nutritious honey! 

xx
Haley  



No comments :

Post a Comment