MAE-k and Bake... Peanut Butter Pumpkin Brownies

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Every Fall I seem to consume more pumpkin than the year before. I am not complaining, but thus far I have used 5 cans of pumpkin puree and it is not even half way through October.
This new recipe is hands down the best pumpkin recipe I have whipped up! I tend to eyeball ingredients a lot when I am baking healthy because the chemistry just is not the same when you are using ingredients like protein powder, coconut flour and stevia...

If anyone tries this recipe post it to instagram and tag @haleymcairo and #maemovement #Maek&bake.... you could win some Mae Movement Bracelets ;)


Preheat your over to 350F

In a mixing bowl combine....


1/4 cup Hersheys Dark Cocoa Powder
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder ( you can use vanilla too, I use the Mercola brand )
1/4 cup Stevia
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Tb Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
1/8 tsp Baking Powder and Baking Soda
2-3 Tb Coconut Flour ( I add more if I need to thicken the batter)
2 Tb Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Un-sweetened Almond Milk
2 Egg Whites

Pour into greased loaf pan or brownie pan. ( cook time will vary ) I used a loaf pan.

Next Combine...

1/2 can Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Un-sweetened Almond Milk
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Stevia
2 TB Organic Yogurt Chips (optional)
2-3 Tb coconut Flour
1/8 baking soda and baking powder
eyeball- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Allspice, Ginger

Pour mixture on top of the brownie mixture

divide up 1 TB Peanut Butter throughout the mixture.

In a small ball combine....

1 tsp coco powder
stevia
almond milk

makes a sauce like consistency
Swirl on top before baking.

Bake for 45-50 minutes

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment