Meet our first "Day MAEker" Fashion Designer + Artist, Isabella Rose Taylor!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

So excited about our first " Day MAEker" posts, where we feature inspiring people and their movements to hopefully inspire you as well! I would like to introduce you to Isabella Rose Taylor, Fashion Designer, Artist and did I mention she is 13?! 

Isabella started painting at the age of three and furthered her creative skills with her own clothing line at age 9! Inspired by her art, travels and the world around her, she created first juniors clothing line " Isabella Rose Taylor" which can be purchased at Nordstroms. Not to mention she had her first New York Fashion Week debut this year with her own Runway show! Talk about aMAEzing! 

Seeing someone live out their dreams, especially at such a young age is beyond inspiring, so I wanted to see just exactly what gets this mini fashion mogul going!





1. Your the perfect example of what it means to be a "mover" , driven, a go getter, and at such a young age, you are totally inspiring! What influenced you growing up, to pursue art and fashion?

Honestly, I cannot really remember a time where I did not want to create something.  I started painting when I was very young and my love of art parlayed into fashion.  My Mom and Dad have always encouraged me to pursue my passions.  

2. What can you tell us about your collection? Where did your inspiration come from and what is your favorite piece?

My Fall 2014 collection was inspired by this idea of “Urban Camper”.  My jumping off point for the collection was a mixed media piece I had made several years ago.  I used it as my color story for the collection as well as a textile.  I also drew the graphic tees.  My favorite piece of the collection is my plaid jacket.  I infused a bit of a tomboy style into the jacket but modernized it with large buttons and cute details like the American flag button on the pocket.  

3. Did you have any struggles in the process? How did you over come the challenges?

I love the process part of designing but I do struggle with sourcing fabrics sometimes as well as editing my collections.

4. Besides art and Fashion, what are your other passions or hobbies? 

I love to bake!  My sister is actually a pastry chef and I have learned a lot from her.  It is so much fun not to mention delicious :)

5. If you could give 1 piece of advice or motivation to aspiring entrepreneurs what would it be?

To just do !  Just start doing what it is that you love to do, ask for help and find mentors in your community.

6. What fuels you and keeps you going? It could be something  spiritual, sentimental, a quote, etc. 

“ And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it”  Paulo Coehlo    This is one of my favorite quotes, I used in my TEDx talk as well.   I think it is very powerful.

7. Currently.... Reading, listening to, watching, wearing…? 

I am currently reading textbooks— school is in!    listening to G Eazy, watching Faking It, wearing Rag and Bone jeans, Vans and my Tough Luck tee !


8. Who is your fashion icon for personal style? 

for my personal style I really love Nicole Richie.

9. Favorite career moment thus far?

That would have to be having my very first NYFW runway show !!  Still cannot believe that it happened !

10. Whats next? Another line? New art pieces? 

More fashion, more art, of course.  I just finished Spring 2015 and am currently finishing up Fall 2015.  I am working on a new series with my art.

11. In 10 years you see yourself....

I would love to be a global brand, expand into accessories to complete my looks and be a mentor and as well as inspire other young entrepreneurs !

It just goes to show you what passion and hard work can do and she MAEd it happen!  Also Isabella has a youtube channel! Be sure to subscribe to her so you can she all she is doing, plus she posts her own style videos! 

Follow Isabella on Instagram, Twitter ,  Pinterest




No comments :

Post a Comment