Food Friday-Healthy Ice-Cream Sandwiches

Friday, January 4, 2013



I LOVE sweets just as much as the next person. However, I am not feeling the love back...
I cut out white sugar from my diet... just realized this... but it was exactly 2 years ago! So Happy Anniversary to me!

I Follow the  Tone It Up Nutrition Plan and love my online trainer' s Karena and Katrina and you will too! Check them out, they are are beautiful and such inspirations.

Last night I had a bit of a sweet tooth and instead of eating something I would regret the next day I looked in my pantry and grabbed my flax cookies. Then I ate one... good but not satisfied. So I opened my fridge and saw TruWhip... a light bulb went off! Ice-cream sandwiches!
Photo: Genius. A healthy ice cream sandwich why didn't I think of this sooner ! @karenakatrina #LoveYourBody #VSX #100byvday #eatclean
About 30 seconds later, this little devil was born. The Go Raw Brand is a wonderful. They carry sweet and savory flavor's of flax chip's. They are gluten, wheat and nut free! Flax seed is a heart disease, cancer, diabetes and stroke preventing super food.  They contain Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart healthy effects. They also contain Lignans and Fiber! Lignans which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75-800 times ore lignans than other plant foods. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types of fiber as well!

No the Truwhip on the other hand is not a superfood but it is a great alternative to the un-healthy whipped topping's! Un-link Cool Whip and Ready Whip, Truwhip is 100% natural, 70% organic, contains no GMO's, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and no Polysorbate 60. It is also trans fat and gluten free!

So if you get those late night sugar cravings, treat you self to something a little sweets, without feeling the guilt!

Happy Friday!


Love,

Haley and Dee
xx

No comments :

Post a Comment